Wednesday 11 April 2012

Repeat Motifs



It occurred to me only recently that something I do regularly is take an embroidery motif pattern and repeat it.

This example was made into a small cushion - with a 'dimpled' button in the centre - originally for Christmas.  That was several years ago and I never did put it away with the rest of the decorations.  I like it too much.

As always, the fabric is 28 count evenweave and the embroidery cotton is variegated red.  The photo doesn't show up the embellishment well, but it's metallic gold.

Of course, you're not restricted to making a 4-square like this: I've used the same technique for table runners and rectangular cushions.

All down to imagination, again.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic idea. That looks really good. I think the trick is to find a motif that you really like and the one you selected is fab.

    ReplyDelete